Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Princess, Peanut!

I just read a very silly post on my sister's blog, and it has left me feeling too giggly to do a serious diabetes-related post tonight. So, I will post about my other obsession--my daughter, Peanut! :) Peanut is 2 1/2 and she is such a delight to my day. Except when she's having a "terrible twos" moment. ;) Right now, we are watching "The Princess and The Frog" (one of her favs) and I had to rewind one of the song chapters three times just so she could dance and twirl around the living room to the music! :) Nothing brightens my mood better than her twirling and giggling. It's adorable! :) Peanut provides us with continual reminders of how precious life is, and how important family and the simple things of life really are. Once your kids hit the school years, it's easy to lose that perspective because your life is focused on homework, friends, games and practice... You just get busy. I know that the future of my little family includes a lot of sadness and hardship. It's easy to get lost in the grief of that reality. I know that in order to survive what is to come that I need support around me, and people to remind me that there is goodness and happiness to focus on too. :) I truly believe God gave me Peanut to help with that future need. There is a bond between daughters and mothers that is so special and unique from the relationship between mothers and sons. I am going to need someone to look after me while I am looking out for my guys, and I know that will be Peanut. She will be the one to notice my subtle mood changes and see things that are wrong with me that no one else could. She will share my fears and grief because she loves Chris and W just as much as I do. Peanut and I are also very luck to have the support of my big sister and my mom, along with some dear friends that I consider my extended family. I am striving to continue to open up to people, which does not come easily to me, and build a group of people to lift me up through all the bad, and love me through my grief. :) Until the future arrives, I will just enjoy each day as best as possible. I know it's normal and ok to have the bad days and that they make the good days that much sweeter. I also know that the future is not guaranteed--we only have the present. So as much as I fear the future, I continually remind myself to focus on one day at a time. And now, Peanut is playing "this little piggy" with my toes, so that's my cue to be done! :D

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I could give you a giggle! I love that sweet twirly princess of yours, she is such a sweetie! You have been blessed with two incredible little people, I'm loving getting to know them and watching those personalities take shape. hee hee...

    ReplyDelete